First Congregational Church of Andover Ohio was founded on December the 10, 1832 when ten members (5 women and 5 men) met inside a founders home. The land where the church now stands was originally purchased from the Connecticut Land Grants Company for a total of two hundred dollars. The New-England style building was originally constructed from donated wood brought to the site by ox cart. At final completion of the original structure the church measured 33 feet by 40 feet with a seven foot wide belfry. The current steeple was added to the church building in 1883.